Home is the place where you feel safe. Here’s some practical tips on how to make yourself and your loved ones feel more secure as well as keeping your valuables safe and sound.
Your Masterton home is already secure
When you build a Masterton we’ll ensure your home is fitted with safety and security features including:
- Deadlocks fitted to all external doors
- Keyed window locks fitted to all windows and sliding doors
- Hard wired smoke detectors complete with back up battery
- If you’re building a Masterton home, which includes a security alarm system, complete with back up battery, code pad and 3 movement sensors.
- Automatic security garage door
Get back to basics
The easiest way to feel safe is to start with the basics. These include:
- Make it seem as if your home is being living in at all times.
- Keep all access doors and windows locked when out of the house and when you go to bed at night.
- Shutters and bars over windows can act as a deterrent.
Keep an eye out for the small stuff
- Make sure your garden is neatly manicured so it is more easily visible from the street
- Keep valuables such as tools in a storage shed or the garage to prevent people seeing an opportunity to make a quick buck
- Avoid planting trees near the walls of your home.
- Instead of keeping a spare house key near the home under the doormat or in a pot plant, give it to a neighbour or trusted friend who lives nearby.
- Make sure your front garden is neatly manicured so it is more easily visible from the street
Take extra measures if you go on holiday
- Leaving a light on set to a timer can give the impression that someone is home.
- Ask a neighbour to collect your mail—an overflowing mail box is a dead giveaway that no one is home.
- Arrange for someone to water your plants and, depending on how long you’re going away for have your hedges trimmed and lawn mown.
- Have someone take out and collect your bins on collection day
- Install sensor lights outside your home.
At Masterton, we understand your home is where you feel most safe and that’s why we ensure at handover that we’re giving you a secure home for you and your family. Add to this the fact that Australia is a safe place to live and you can breathe a sigh of relief. Upgrading to our Ultimate Inclusions package gives you an ever bigger sense of security so check it out now.